Thursday, August 09, 2007

Will work for 80,000 airline miles

So, I'm currently working myself into a little tizzy about our upcoming trip to Europe and the crappy Continental planes we are flying on. Here are the details:

Seat width = 17.2 inches. Our admin, who is a tiny little thing, measured this out and stated that she would not be able to sit comfortably in these seats. Neither myself nor my Studmuffin qualify as "tiny little things." Also, this is .3 inches smaller than the seats my Studmuffin was complaining about when he went to India this past Spring.

Seat pitch = 31 inches. "Seat pitch" is the distance between seat back to seat back. In other words, it's the distance between rows. Basically this means that the person sitting in front of me had better not put their seat back or else!

I was worried about this and had time to kill, so I gave Continental a call to see how much it would cost to upgrade our seats to business class. We paid $2000 for our seats and it would cost an additional $6000 for us to upgrade to business! That's 3 times what we have already paid! You have GOT to be kidding me!

Of course, if we had 80,000 OnePass miles, we could upgrade for free. Yeah, whatever!

Anyone have some Continental miles they need to get rid of?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At least it's not a long flight so you don't have to be uncomfortable for an extended period of time.......

Ryan said...

You can also get more space by buying two seats in economy instead of one in business class--and it's cheaper! =)