Friday, November 02, 2007

To be or not to be....at work on Friday

I'm most likely going to shift to working part-time soon so that I can go back to school. I've decided to fulfill my lifelong ambition of becoming a teacher. Yes, I know most people's life-long ambitions are to be astronauts or presidents or whatnot but, frankly, I just don't aim that high. In any case, I have about 9 pre-requisite classes I need to take before I can enter a M.Ed program. To make it slightly more difficult, I can't take more than 8 credits at a university per term without enrolling (and, since I'm just doing pre-requisites right now, there isn't a program into which I can enroll!) There are a few classes I can take at a community college, but that only helps a little bit since 3 of the 4 classes I'll be taking at the community college have to be taken in sequence.

Oh well, credit hours is not what this post is about. It's about whether or not I should work on Fridays. I do want to have "regular" hours, so I was thinking I would work 4 hours a day every day. But, since I've realized that nothing happens in the office on Fridays, I'm now thinking Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings and all day Wednesdays and, yes, Fridays off.

Yes, that's sounds quite good!

4 comments:

Jess said...

OMG I am so excited for you. This country needs more good people like you and me to be teachers. I want to teach but am so concerned about school administrations telling me how to do my job! I am majoring in History and plan to take courses in Constitutional History and Legal History as well as American, World, European, Latin American and African History so I can be well-rounded in my major. I'm still working on my undergrad at 38 but someday I'll finish, in about three years! I am so proud of you. We should talk more about it. Are you doing elementary ed or high school?

Unknown said...

My lifelong ambition is to be retired.

Jess said...

I'd like to be retired too...after I teach :)

Anonymous said...

Mindy! That's a great idea! Go for it :) How are things going otherwise? I hope you're well.