Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm baaack!!!!

Yes, girls and boys, I'm back from Europe!

I won't go into all the details, but here are my short thoughts and impressions on Europe:
  • Travel light! My Studmuffin and I took Rick Steves "convertable" bags--which are large backpacks that are just small enough to be carry-on luggage. I may never check luggage again! Really, you don't need that many clothes.
  • Norway is the perfect place to visit: It's spectacularly beautiful, it's clean, it's safe, the people are friendly and EVERYONE speaks fluent English. The only problem is that it's BY FAR the most expensive place on the planet. $30 for a hamburger?????
  • Germany is cool, but there is still a clear difference between East and West. However, the beer is cheaper than water....
  • Rome, Rome, Rome. I love Rome! But I will NEVER go back to Rome in October. We stood in line for an hour and a half to get into the Vatican Museum! And then we were carried through on a tsunami of tour groups! Our next trip to Rome will be during some February! My one tip, though: Get the Roma Pass...it will save you probably 2 hours at the Colliseum alone!
  • Greece: All the cool ancient Greek stuff is in Rome. True. But, they do have very well-fed and friendly stray cats.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I heard you got hitched but hadn't taken the time to say 'Well Wishes' to you and Studmuffin.
Sounds like Carmel would have been happy in Rome! Glad you enjoyed the beer!